About Me

My Photo
darkly dreaming
Hello! I'm Crystal, aka darkly dreaming. I'm 34 and live in the Midwestern USA. I've been back into PSP since November of 2010. Prior to that I tried PSP for about a year back in 2005 or 2006. I've just recently begun trying my hand at tutorials. If you try one of my tuts and would like to show me what you made, please email me at darklydreaming33@hotmail.com. Happy Tagging!
View my complete profile

I CT For

Forums I Haunt

Blogs I Follow

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Let Me Blow Your Horn


This tutorial was written by me on 12/27/11.
Any resemblance to other tutorials is a coincidence.
Click on image to view full size.

Supplies:
1) Tube of Choice. I'm using "Kelly" by Ismael Rac. This is a PTU tube, which can be purchased at xeracx.net.
2) Scrapkit of Choice. I'm using the PTU kit New Years by Scottish Butterfly which you can get at Vivid to Vintage Scraps.
3) Kandee New Year's Template 2 by Kandi and Dee, available here.
4) Mask of choice. I used Vix BigMask018 , available here.
5) Fonts of Choice

Plugins:
1. Eye Candy Gradient Glow
2. Xero, Porcelain

Let's get Started....

1) Open Template. Duplicate (shift d) and close original.
2) Change canvas size to 750x750.
3) Delete copyright, white frame, bottle and glass layers.
4) Open Paper 10. Copy and paste as new layer. Send to bottom. Apply Mask. Merge mask group.
5) Select left top square Layer. Select All, Float, Defloat. Open Paper 1. Copy and paste as new layer. Selections Invert, delete. Select none. Apply Gradient Glow with settings: 5, 25, 100, fat left slider on white, right slider on black. Apply drop shadow of choice
6) Delete original left top square layer.
7) Repeat steps 5-6 on Right top square layer.
8) Repeat steps 5-6 on red rectangle layer, but using paper 3.
9) Repeat Steps 5-6 on black squares layer using paper 2.
10) Repeat Steps 5-6 on black rectangle layer using paper 3.
11) Add drop shadow to glitter rectangle frame layer.
12) Add a new raster layer above our pixel words layer. Flood fill it black. Click on pixel words layer, select All, Float, Defloat. Selections Invert. Click on our black flood fill layer and hit delete. Select none. Apply gradient glow with settings: 5, 25, 100, medium, white.
13) Delete original pixel words layer.
14) Repeat Steps 5-6 on squares layer using paper 3.
15) Repeat Steps 5-6 on red rectangle frame and red glitter frame layers using paper 1.
16) Repeat Step 5-6 on red circle layer using Paper 3.
17) Repeat Steps 5-6 on hearts layer using Paper 3.
18) Repeat Steps 5-6 on confetti layer using Paper 1.
19) Select Horn red layer. Select All, Float, Defloat. Copy and paste paper 3 as new layer. Selections Invert, delete.
20) Delete original horn red layer.
21) Open ball. Copy and paste as new layer in the center. Add drop shadow.
22) Open your main tube. Copy and paste as new layer. Arrange. Erase the bottom part of our tube. (I highlighted the ball layer, Select All, Float, Defloat, Selections Invert, then clicked back on my tube layer and used the eraser tool to remove the bottom part. Select none). Duplicate. Apply Xero, Porcelain to top layer. Change blend mode to hard light and lower opacity to 79. Add drop shadow of choice to bottom layer.
23) Link all Baby layers together and drag it to the left a bit.
24) Open ballons. Resize by 70%. Copy and paste as new layer underneath main tube layers on the right side. Add drop shadow. Duplicate, image mirror.
25) Open martini. Copy and paste as new layer. Resize by 70%. Add drop shadow. Arrange. Duplicate, Image mirror.
26) Drag the confetti layer up above the ball layer, but below main tube layers. Duplicate, Image mirror.
27) Open Curly ribbons. Paste as new layer at the left. Duplicate. Image Mirror. Merge down. Arrange just below our happy new year pixel words. Apply Gradient glow with previous settings.
28) Open confetti. Copy and paste as new layer at bottom right. Duplicate. Image mirror. Merge down. Duplicate. Image flip. Merge down. Apply gradient glow. Drag to just under the curly ribbons.
29) Open eye mask. Resize by 50%. Copy and paste as new layer above our main tube. Add drop shadow.
30) Crop and resize your tag. Add copyright info + name. Export .png.

 Thanks for trying my tut!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tag Showoff

Grab My Blinkie

Followers