- darkly dreaming
- Hello! I'm Crystal, aka darkly dreaming. I'm 34 and live in the Midwestern USA. I've been back into PSP since November of 2010. Prior to that I tried PSP for about a year back in 2005 or 2006. I've just recently begun trying my hand at tutorials. If you try one of my tuts and would like to show me what you made, please email me at email@example.com. Happy Tagging!
Sunday, January 1, 2012
5:18 PM | Posted by darkly dreaming | Edit Post
This tutorial was written by me on 1/01/12.
Any resemblance to other tutorials is a coincidence.
Any resemblance to other tutorials is a coincidence.
Click on image to view full size.
1) Tube of Choice. I'm using Devil Wears Latex (48-1) by Jessica Dougherty. This is a PTU tube, which can be purchased at CDO.
2) Scrapkit of Choice. I'm using the PTU kit S&M by Tammy's Scraps. I purchased this at Scraps with attitude. I believe Tammy's kits are also still available there along with Missy's. Checked on date tutorial is written. It's also available at some of the other stores Tammy sells in. Wilma4ever for example.
3) Template 32 by Kandi available here.
4) Mask of choice. I used Vix Mask445, available here.
5) Font of Choice
1. Eye Candy Gradient Glow
2. Xero, Radiance
3. Eye Candy Glass
Let's get Started....
1) Open template. Duplicate(shift D) and close original.
2) Delete copyright layer. Change canvas size to 750x650.
3) Open Paper 17. Colorize to match your tube by adding a new layer to the paper. Choosing a color fill from your tube. Flood fill the new layer then change the blend mode to Hard Light and lower opacity to 75. Edit Copy merged, paste as new layer on your template and send to bottom. Resize by 110%. Apply our Mask. Merge Mask group. Resize merged layer by 105%.
4) Select Red Circle2 Layer. Select All, Float, Defloat. Open paper 12. Colorize again using the same new layer/flood fill. Only I changed blend mode to Color(L) and left opacity at 100%. Copy and paste as new layer. Resize by 70%. Selections Invert, Delete. Apply Gradient Glow with settings: 5, 10, 100, Fat, #ff0000 for the first slider, Black for second slider colors. Add drop shadow of choice.
5) Delete original Red Circle2 Layer.
6) Repeat Steps 4-5 on Red Circle1 Layer.
7) Select Black Circle Layer. Select All, Float, Defloat. Open paper 10. Colorize again using same method as in step 4. Copy merged and paste as new layer. Selections Invert, Delete. Apply Gradient Glow. Add drop shadow.
8) Delete original Black Circle Layer.
9) Open Paper 13. Colorize like in step 4. Edit Copy merged. Paste as new layer. Resize by 110%. Send to back. Apply our mask again. Merge mask group. (Note don't resize the merged group, leave as is).
10) Select Polaroid layer. Select All, Float, Defloat. Open Paper 7. Colorize, but use a different red from the tube, As in step 4. Edit Copy merged. Paste as new layer. Resize by 70%. Selections Invert, delete. Apply gradient glow. Add drop shadow.
11) Select Polaroid layer. Take magic wand and select the black inner section. Then click back on the fill layer from step 10 and hit delete. That will open the black color again.
12) Select Film Strip layer. Select All, Float, Defloat. Copy and paste our merged paper 7 layer again as a new layer. Resize by 80%. Selections Invert, delete. Select none. Add gradient glow and drop shadow.
13) Delete original Film strip layer.
14) Select Film Strip back layer. Select All, Float, Defloat. Open Paper 9. Colorize with same color/method you used on Paper 7 in step 10. Edit copy merged, paste as new layer. Resize by 80%. Selections Invert, delete. Select none.
15) Delete original Film strip back layer.
16) Select Polaroid layer again. Take magic wand and select the black inner selection. Selections modify, expand by 2. Copy and paste our colorized paper 9 as a new layer. Resize by 80%. Selections Invert, delete. Make sure this stays under the frame layer we colorized.
17) Delete original Polaroid layer.
18) Open your tube. Copy and paste as new layer. Duplicate 4 times. Image mirror etc how you want. Arrange so that parts of each tube layer fill the 4 frames on the strip. When you have them arranged how you want (I used the eraser tool if there were parts of another tube overlapping the frame and I wanted it out), merge all 4 layers together. Then click on the film back paper layer and select all, float, defloat. Click back on the merged tubes layers and do Selections, Invert, Delete. Duplicate. I changed bottom layer to Luminance(L) and top layer to Hard Light with an opacity of 71.
19) Apply our gradient glow to glitter stripes and pixel words layers.
20) Select Kandi word art layer. Use your magic wand to just select the black text. Copy our colorized paper 10 (edit, copy merged) and paste as new layer. Selections Invert, Delete. Select none. Apply Eye Candy Glass with default settings, but change the color of the glass to the fill color we used from our tube to colorize the last sets of papers.
21) Link Kandi word art, our layer from step 20, word art back layers so you can arrange where you'd like.
22) Copy and paste main tube. Arrange. Duplicate. Apply Xero radiance to the top layer. Change blend mode to Multiply and lower opacity to 63. Add drop shadow of choice to bottom layer.
23) Apply our gradient glow to the heart layer.
24) Open element 68. Select All, Float, Defloat. Add new raster layer Flood fill with our red from our tube. Change blend mode to Color (L). Edit, copy merged. Paste as new layer. Image resize by 30%. Add gradient glow. Arrange.
25) Open element 74. Colorize. Copy merged and paste as new layer. Resize by 70%. Image Mirror. Apply gradient glow.
26) Open element 9. Colorize. Copy merged and paste as new layer. Add gradient glow.
27) Open Element 61. Colorize. Copy merged and paste as new layer. Resize by 40% then by 70%. Apply gradient glow.
28) Open element 82. Colorize. Copy merged and paste as new layer. Resize by 40%. Apply gradient glow.
29) Open element 83. Colorize. Copy merged, paste as new layer. Resize by 30%. Add drop shadow.
30) Open element 22. Copy and paste as new layer at the top left. Duplicate, Image mirror, image flip. Merge together and send to bottom.
31) Open element 50. Colorize. Copy merged and paste as new layer. Resize by 50%. Add gradient glow.
32) Add your copyright info + name and export .png.
Thanks for trying my tut!
- addictive pleasures (2)
- alvarado (1)
- Anna Marine (3)
- blog (1)
- cano (4)
- crowe (1)
- dougherty (2)
- elias (5)
- extras (1)
- freya langford-sidebottom (3)
- ftu (4)
- garv (1)
- Janesko (2)
- kiss my attitutde (1)
- Lowery (1)
- make me bad (1)
- picture perfect (1)
- prihodko (2)
- ptu (28)
- ptu. rac (3)
- ptu. Rachael Tallamy (1)
- ptu. verymany (1)
- rac (6)
- redesign (1)
- scrap it studio (2)
- tut (1)
- verymany (1)
- zebrush (1)